Friday, November 23, 2007

Welcome to my Journey.

Hello, and welcome to my journey.
I weighed myself tonight and the scale said 229.
Fuck.
This has to stop.
And so, like so many people, I turn to the internet for support, help, venting and outlet.
My weight has not always been this high, in fact, this is an all new high for me, however, I've been heavy since the 7th grade. I stopped playing outside because of a warning from my mother that "now that you're in middle school you need to stay away from those boys." So I stayed inside and watched TV and ate my dad's Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and grew big old boobs and a big old ass. It's a perfect way to avoid being noticed. I did eventually get married. I have one son. I refuse to become pregnant again until I'm under 200lbs. I'd like to be under 200lbs by my son's 1st birthday in March.
So, how am I going to do this??
Well, I'm committed to doing a sprint triathlon with a friend in March, so the training for that begins.
As far as eating, I successfully lost about 30lbs once using the Richard Simmons food mover. It helps me keep a balanced diet. It's the only thing that's ever worked for me. So as of tomorrow morning, I'll be blasting off and closing those windows. It has to happen.
Join me in my journey.

-- cookie monster

1 comment:

Melodee said...

You can do it! My high weight was about what yours was . . . I'm at 170 now, aiming for 150. Best wishes!

Mel